July 1, 2019

5 Things You Didn't Know About Quartz Countertops



countertops, home, home and living, home improvement, kitchen,

When it comes to picking out countertops for your kitchen or bathroom, there are several choices that are overwhelming to pick from. There are wood, laminat, cement, marble, quartz and many more. However, the quartz countertops are a little different than the other natural stone countertops you may have seen or heard of. Actually, quartz countertops are a form of ‘engineered stone ‘ which means that it’s made from ground up particles of stone that are bound together with a space age plastic resins. To go a little more in depth, here are 6 things you may know not know about Quartz countertops.

1. They Are Not 100% Quartz - Of course with many quartz countertops there is some quartz but saying that is the only thing that is wrong. Actually, there are about 10% of the countertop that isn’t stone at all. The other 90% is crushed up granite marble and natural stone or recycled ceramic. All of the rock material is mixed together and held together with binders which is what gives it that quartz countertop look and feel.

home, home and living, home improvement, countertops, kitchen,
Image: Premier Surfaces

2. Made Exclusively In The United States -
Did you know that almost all the countertop products rivaling quartz are mined and fabricated elsewhere and then shipped to a warehouse, suppliers and vendors everywhere in the United States. Not only does this help a lot of resources and overhead shipping costs but it also helps to keep the dollars at work in our own country. There is a quartz countertop called Cambria which is made in the United States if you wanted to go that route. While you’re looking at specific quartz countertops, I would suggest visiting a showroom in person so you can see them in real life with access to various staff who are knowledgeable in this area. One company, Premier Surfaces offers a wide range of products with quartz countertops as an option.

There are several designers to help answer any questions you have including, Lindsey Frost of Frost Designs, Inc. She personally loves using cambria quartz countertops in a particular color called carrack. It’s a charcoal grey that looks like concrete but it matches perfectly with pale blue and grey cabinets which is a stunning and unique feature to give to a kitchen or bathroom. If you’re thinking of adding a farmhouse design or an industrial feel to your home, this would be the perfect thing to make it pop.

3. It’s Not A Natural Stone - While this may sound like it would be a natural countertop, similar to chatting about it not being 100% quartz, using various pieces to blend together. For this reason, it’s considered a manufactured countertop. Quartz can be molded into more genuine shapes creating curves or unique dimensions that isn’t possible for other countertops such as granite or marble. This is why quartz is perfect to add for kitchen sinks or bathroom sinks due to being able to curve this stone.

4. You Can Use For Slabs - As a homeowner, you think of having quartz in your bathroom or your kitchen but did you know that the majority of this stone is actually used for things like airports, malls or flooring? No really! You may have not have even noticed it because the first material that was invented by Marcello Toncelil was developed with hand poured mini slabs of it, cut down and then used for flooring tables. The countertop idea did not come about until years later!

home, home and living, home improvement, countertops, kitchen,
Image: Premier Surfaces

5. Cheaper Prices For Granite - Of course quartz countertops are extremely popular but more than ever, people are choosing granite over choosing quarts. The fortunate side effect who wants to install granite is that it’s a lower price due to the lesser demand. Granite prices have really declined over the last few years which makes it more making the material more widely available for everyone to use within their home and in various rooms.

There are several other things you may not know about quartz countertops but to understand more, I would suggest visiting a showroom to help answer all your questions to make sure you are making the right decision before you install these countertops within your home. As I stated before, Premier Surfaces offers locations nationwide to help you look, feel and enjoy learning more about this particular stone or others if quartz may not be the best option or you and your dream kitchen or bathroom countertop. You’re always in good hands with a reliable company such as this so regardless of your choice, you’ll be satisfied and can’t wait to show off the choice you made.

No comments:

Post a Comment